View Single Post
Old 08-10-13, 08:33 AM   #24
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hi Backer ,

post with pics is updated showing english texts now

ok , here are the results of my tests (it took me longer to post becuase i wanted to be sure about the followings):

there is problem(s) with the ''send contact report'' button:
(first of all ,i am not talking at all for the test single mission which is included in your mod. at this single mission all are working just great)

Sometimes the ''send contact report'' is not fuctional at all. i mean that when user is clicing on ''send contact report'' button... nothing happens. i didn't manage to locate when (or why) this is happening. seems to be random,in other words whenever i clic on ''send contact report'' button ,i don't know if this will be fuctional or not.
in the case that the ''send contact report'' is working i noticed the following issues:
1. sometimes,instead of appearing the send contact text on the messages page, i hear the crew saying ''firing tube 1'' and nothing happens , i noticed that in this situation is appearing the message ''Our ships are too far away,acting own yourself!'' is appearing on messages bar.look at the following pic:

2. other times , after ''send contact report'' button ,i see the send contact text to the messages pages but i get no reply from bdu at all .some time later my crew is spotting the friendly units and sometime after i am getting the messages from...bdu ( i think that here must make the messages coming from bdu more ...quicly)

3. other times after ''send contact report'' button , i am starting getting a massive load of BDU messages . i think here that just ONLY ONE would be just ok ! look at following pic (the incoming messages from bdu were...nine all at the same time 14:00):

4. finally , i managed to see ''wolfpack'' in campaign which prooves that your mod can work in campaign too but i am putting these '' at the word wolfpack becuase if i understand it correctly ,the bdu will send for help whatever is ...availiable in the area. look at this pic:

if i got it right ,the bdu will send a trawler,a ftboot and a ...platform(!) for attacking the convoy. this means that if uboats are not scripted in campaign (and given the fact that less to ...none uboats are scripted to stock or any supermods's campaign) ,bdu will never send them for support .
but wolfpacks means uboats for support so , i think that a huge ammound of u boats must be scripted in campaign in order to see wolfpacks in campaign.
correct me if i am wrong at this conclusion.

5.your mod doesn't seem to work on patched sh3.exe.a strange chinese message appearing and when i get in game i don't see the ''backerfix 0.9g'' at the version corner .
i mean that must lanch the game only with the original .exe for your mod to take effect. is this true ?

6.the theme with ...renowns. i will not say much here. my opinion is to make your mod totally indepedent from renowns! it seems so ''off topic'' to have to deal with the arcadish renowns

there are some more (more tiny detailed points) but i will not post them in case that you are not interested to proceed to adjustments-'fixes' on your mod.

anyway, no matter what ,you are showing that miracles can be made with the .act files (without touching the .exe ) and i would be really greatfull if i see the H.Sie subs ,arriving ,submerging ,firing torps and my boat being a part of this wolfpack just like the devs would have made them. whatever is missing from H.sie's version is exactly so well made in your version and whatever is missing from your version is so well made in H.Sie's version (bdu messages and communication) .
the puzzle will be completed if these two points works together to either of one versions,yours or H.sie's.

just hoping to be solvable issues

all the best

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 08-10-13 at 09:01 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote