View Single Post
Old 02-26-23, 12:11 PM   #24
KapitanShad
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default SUGGESTION

I'm a sad old fart who likes to take my time. I'm not in a rush to die. I'm prepared to steam ahead of the convoys calculated course and position my self optimally before the first and subsequent engagements. That means a lot of stand down time.
Of course there is always someone on watch, monitoring the heading and speed and potential threats etc ... but for the rest .... what are they to do .... stand there twitching thumbs ??

What I suggest is that in the ward room there are a pack of cards , chess board, etc, with the choice of various single and multi player games and maybe a personal diary available so the crew can record and save their experiences.

One thing I really wanted in the SH series was a dairy into which I could record my thoughts and even write a novel during those many hours steaming on the surface or creeping in the depths.
Now with the advent of this multi client Coop sim ... surely it would help to reduce that kamikaze impetuousness of the need for instant gratification driven in part by there being no alternatives to reckless bravado .... having such distractions might help slow the pace , build comradery and intensify the immersive fun.

Just a thought.

Last edited by KapitanShad; 02-26-23 at 12:28 PM.
KapitanShad is offline   Reply With Quote