View Single Post
Old 02-04-23, 10:40 AM   #5116
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I believe that at least some of the documents found at both Trumps and Bidens house were marked Top Secret SCI which is as high as it goes. Probably not all of them though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There are other documents that don’t have any fancy folders and markings. These are hand written notes taken during briefings about classified subjects that can get easily lost or find their way into cardboard boxes in a garage.
Does this information on the classification come from the "press" via anonymous sources, or did the National archives release a statement indicating the level and type of material?

I'm starting to think that this "classified document" scandal is a" much ado about nothing" story and is being used as a misdirection by this Administration.

The finding of "classified" documents in unauthorized places seems to be so routine that the National Archives has FAQ's available for instances when people find them, and how to return them via the U.S. postal service.

Quote:
How does Classified Information end up in Private Collections?

Former government officials and contractors have been known to retain papers containing classified national security information and eventually donate them to private archives. Often, it is not until these records are formally processed that archivists realize a collection contains classified information. If an archive or a library has not received Federal approval to store classified materials, continuing to store the records in an unapproved area could be endangering national security. In these instances, the institution should contact the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) at the National Archives and arrange for these records to be securely stored. ISOO will maintain temporary custody of the records through the declassification process.

By contacting ISOO you will be respecting the access restrictions placed on that information by the U.S. government. ISOO, in turn, will respect the rights of your institution to maintain the integrity of collections of donated personal papers.
The sentence I underlined is the part that has me thinking this whole scandal is some sort of smokescreen for something else.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote