Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 02-09-23, 04:45 PM   #434
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I encountered wolves very rarely, and only when I attacked them it was a hair-raising follow-on-play, yes. I use a multi-round rifle, bets with a magazone of 5, and do not reload it, but when emtpied I draw a pistol. But in general I never meet them if not actually searching them out. I have never been attacked randomly, different to buffaloes and the likes. If there is one species I really am on my guard against, then widowmakers buffaloes, these things , and i do not like how their behaviour is modelled with their laser-range-finders and GPS controlled track-the-player-and-charge-feature even if player is out of sight feature. Big cats also never were a problem, although they are meant to sometimes be one. Maybe I simply play too cautiously and thus get not surprised, I dont know. I expected more danger from them, but found: none.

I do not see both Hunter games as simulations but as games with simulation elements. They accept compromises, and all in all these work well in the meaning of that I enjoy walking in these worlds and feel properly entertained.

In Classic I sometimes hosted MP sessions, starting at 5 a.m. ingame time and ending at 7 p.m. , so that were 7 hours of playtime in real hours, all day long, so to speak. Classic doe snot have night play and ends the session at 7 p.m. It was fun, but I would not have the patience anymore.