View Single Post
Old 10-19-12, 08:18 PM   #94
Malakie
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetrue View Post
First time I watched the show when it came on at 8pm pst.
I usually record it on my Dish Hopper DVR then watch the show the next day without the commercials,
but last night I turned up the sound and stayed the whole course.

I too enjoyed the seal team conflict and the island girl bartender romance. The washington scene was great too with that girl getting mad at being called a traitor.

The next show with the new secretary of defense making a play for the sub back looks good enough to stay tuned.

I give it three stars for sure ... plus all the new teen submarine recruits out there watching the show can't hurt the Navy.

I fell in love with submarines back in 1956 watcking the old black and white tv show "Silent Service"

Romance has to start somewhere and I can vounch for one thing everyone I served with was in love with submarines. lol
There was one point in the show that I thought was strange... Everyone was all up in arms about the nuclear missile that missed Washington.. But NO ONE was upset at all that Pakistan had been nuked! LOL

And with that there was the one larger mistake of this episode.. They are trying to say that the Colorado fired two nukes at Pakistan. Problem is twofold with that...

First, Every major country can EASILY pinpoint where the actual nuke was launched from. The fact the U.S. was trying to bomb a specific point on the map that the world now knew Colorado was parked and that the point of the launch was no where near that should raise eyebrows. Russia, England, France, China, Israel... they would all have that capability.

And second, All Colorado need to do to blow this wide open is have the Swiss or some other neutral come in and see how many nukes they still have in the pipes, not to mention interview the entire crew for verification on what they fired.

But that is just me nitpicking for a moment.. I look forward to seeing next week as well... Will the SEAL team back up the Colorado..... or not?

Malakie

United States Navy Service Connected Disabled Veteran.
"A nation that forgets its veterans will itself soon be forgotten", Abraham Lincoln.

Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote