View Single Post
Old 01-30-18, 02:53 PM   #9626
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default Journal and Destroyed marks

I still have a question about the Ship's Journal and Destroyed marks.

A. Is there a difference between activating your Ships Journal via the Main Menu before loading your game ....

or

B. just leaving the Main Menu Journal to none and loading the Journal once the game starts?

I find that if I load the Journal AFTER I load the game (option B) the time it takes to load is a lot less.

Also, if I did Option A I would STILL have to load the journal once the game starts to get my Nav and Supermarks. Only difference is I would have to Uncheck "Read Journal Entries" because those were already loaded.

Also when I leave the game...if I'm using option B....I can just Save the Journal manually.....before Manually saving game and and exit to Windows if I want to.

So my question is ....is there a right and wrong way to use the Journal? Is there anything wrong with Manually loading and saving it?

Lastly, ever since starting to use the Journal....Destroyed marks haven't appeared at all. The only caveat being that i've only suck 4 ships from 2 different convoys in the game and NO marks appeared when they were sunk. After researching a little bit...it seems Destroyed marks are buggy to say the least...as there are known issues of them loading at 0 N, 0 W or not appearing at all. Half the reason I wanted to use the Journal was to make a journal specificly to track my destroyed marks through a career. I guess this just isn't possible.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote