View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 03:38 PM   #352
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
All that MultiSH4 does is re-direct the filemanager in the SH4 folder to write to a different Save folder. If you have a Stock game, and haven't used MultiSH4, the "default..." is still in effect, which in your case would be "H:\Users\Dichebach\Documents\SH4". I have my Documents folder moved to my "F:\" drive, so I have "F:\Users \propbeanie \Documents \SH4", with the game installed in "F:\Games \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific". I made a zip file of the contents of that folder, copied that zip file and pasted it into a "F:\Games \FotRSU" folder that I had made, and then unzipped it. I made a MODS folder inside the FotRSU folder, and downloaded FotRSU into that, unzipped and then activated it. From that, I used MultiSH4 and made myself a "FRS" folder under My Documents for that install. I did similar for a RallesPack folder and put Bleiente's mod in there, ran MultiSH4 from inside its install folder and made me a "RMP" folder in My Documents. That way, I've got separate folders for Stock, FotRSU, and Ralles ModPack, each with their own Save folders.

The SH4 install made an SH4 shortcut on my desktop for me, but I had to make my own shortcuts for the others. You can either go to the Desktop, right-click, choose "New" from the menu, then "Shortcut" and "Browse" to the SH4.exe location, or if you are in the folder already, right-click on the SH4.exe file, choose "Create shortcut", which it will make right in the folder there. Rename it, then cut and paste that on your Desktop. No matter what though, you use the SH4.exe to start the game.
Ah, so multi-sh4 allows the filemanager to write AND READ (external assets for the game app) from additional directories. Neat!