View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 12:25 PM   #350
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You are fine starting the game directly from the executable file. Do you have the LAA (Large Address Aware enabled on the SH4.exe file? That definitely helps, especially on larger mods. The best thread for details on LAA is CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. He comes at it from a Windows 10 fresh install of SH4 and its use of LAA, but it applies for the most part, all the way from Vista 64-bit through Win10 64-bit.

Be sure and try Bleiente on his facebook page linked above by Eichhörnchen.
I DID have it all set up when I played the game long ago, and I didn't make any changes to anything. So presumably it is still setup. However . . . my memory of HOW to run the whole thing was definitely rusty.

When I decided I wanted to play the game again, I believe the first thing I tried was to right-click an icon in a folder I keep on my desktop called "Shortcuts" with the name of:
MultiSH41.5.exe - Shortcut

This resulted in this dialog pane coming up:

Which, didn't seem like the functionality I was half expecting, i.e., that it would actually launch the game.

Yes I do have a directory like:
H:\Users\Dichebach\Documents\RAL

And that IS the location to which my save files are writing. So I believe Multi address aware IS running!

Thanks for confirming that launching from the sh4.exe is not too unorthodox that the mods and utilities wouldn't work right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I now have my feet under the table at 9te UFlottille... again, you can join Bleiente here for ongoing help with RealModSoup, as well as any questions you have about ducks

http://www.9teuflottille.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8624
Thanks! I will pop in there and setup an account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Now, after 5 patrols, i’ve Never encountered any planes... is it normal?
When I set down my career play line a couple weeks back (expecting / hoping to go back and finish it!) I was up to about about . . . summer 42.

I had started in an S boat in Manila and did a few patrols (and sank a lot of stationary IJN ships in port). Eventually, made the move to Fremantle and got my first Salmon (I think?). At which point I headed off to Rabaul harbor. It was on that transit that I encountered my first aircraft. I had two come in from the northwest as I was passing Darwin. I believe I had another two around about Port Moresby and yet another encounter a bit later as I was making the northward leg toward Rabaul.

So that is my experience! No planes for weeks/months, then three or four encounters in the span of a week or ten days.