View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 06:05 AM   #6
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Interesting... I had always been able to get to it when using a 5:4 or 4:3 resolution, such as 1024x768... If you can get to it on the 2nd monitor screen, then push its lower right corner into the middle of your main display. Then re-do the screen resolution (and yes, you do have to re-start the game), or if at your normal resolution already, just move that lower-right corner of the radio box to the lower-right of your screen, and then close it from there. It should remember where you closed it the next time you call for it...
Did a few tries now: 1024x768 to 2560x1440, windowed mode into non windowed mode, full screen to full screen... Saving the game or not saving the game, It doesn't save the position of the map. Restarting the game while in 4:3 or 5:4 resolution doesn't save the positions either. Only instance it's saved is when I transition from campaign to the ingame menu and back to the campaign. Tried googling to see if there were other mentions where the positions of the things were not being saved but I didn't find it anywhere.

I have a fresh install through steam, SH: WotP + SH: WotP U-Boat Missions. Installed JSGME.exe to get TMO working, and also applied LAA. Nothing else.

I tried getting a new brand new config to the game by renaming the SH4 folder in documents, and having the game generating a new one: even then the game doesn't save the position of those elements every restart

Something I also found weird is that the chronometer used to appear in the screen just fine, but in my latest reinstalls it started also appearing outside of the screen. I googled and wasn't the only one facing this issue. Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5 mod fixed this for me (I stripped down the menu ini settings to just affect the chronometer so it doesn't change any of the other UI changes done by TMO already, I created my own "mod" to apply on top of TMO for this case). Sadly the mod doesn't fix the shipping lanes&radio because of the size differences, it resizes it to the radio size and therefore you can't see a thing there, and I'm not skilled enough (yet) to figure out how the pos= and zone= in the .ini actually works.
MenOfWar is offline   Reply With Quote