View Single Post
Old 02-23-14, 02:07 PM   #1
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Shoot the spys for bad intel??? torpedo...

Okay so I am playing Dangerous waters with the newest version of reinforcement alert and I was in my Favorite Akula II improved in an ASW mission. I was going up against a British Resolution class SSBN. I was sitting still and I was tracking it when it fired 3 Tigerfish torpedos at me.

so I hit flank speed and turned away from them running at 300m. I quickly hit my UNSI reference and got the torp specs. 35 kt top speed and a 442m operating depth. So I was safe I figured, I was doing 35 kts and I dove to 500m to get under the torpedos, and came about for a counterattack. I hit my show truth so I could see exactly what the torpedos would do. one acquired me and swung around on my tail. I went back to flank speed and hit it on the 3d view and watched it. It closed to probably 50m behind my screw before I was back at 35 kt and it couldn't close and it eventually ran out of range and shutdown.

So what happened? I was 100M below the torpedos max depth, and it dove down after me. is this a bug in the mod, a bug in the engine or did someone misprint the torpedo depth in the UNSI.
speed150mph is offline   Reply With Quote