View Single Post
Old 01-23-09, 10:41 PM   #5
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Hi there! Tried to install. Works fine until the first time I start the game.

"Purchase? Activate? Evaluate"

Evaluate. "An update was found." Permission requests from Zone Alarm, all very normal, a short download window, Jutland reloads.

"Purchase? Activate? Evaluate"

Evaluate. Up pops the download window (no message about finding an update from now on) and downloads the same file again. Back to the beginning and around in circles ad nauseum.
Somebody else had this problem a while back, but I can't find the relevant thread in our regular forum to be sure of how we solved it. So I'm having to dredge my memory here.....

Are you, by chance, running Vista? If so, you have to run the game as administrator, and you also need to install it with User Account Controls turned off (I have UAC turned off all the time because I don't share my computer anyway). Not doing those things can lead to problems like this. Vista doesn't think you should be changing executables and such, so the downloads don't take. As a result, the game sees it still needs the patch and tries to download it again.

If those things don't work, please send in a bug report. In your Start\All Programs\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland folder, there's a link to our bug report server. Go there and fill in the form. You can also attach files. In your case, look in your main Jutland folder (defaults to c:\Program Files\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland) for game_log.txt and diagnostic_log.txt, and update_log.txt if there is one. Zip these together and attach them to the bug report.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote