View Single Post
Old 02-28-14, 08:22 PM   #8
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushTheBus View Post
Gap, stupid question. Can you enable Breeze, Gale & Hurricane sub mods to encompass all wind conditions?
Hi RushTheBus, sorry for the late reply.

The naming of DynEnv's submods have probably misleaded you into thinking that they apply to different wind ranges, and that they can therefore be enabled together. I and stoianm could have actually called them "normal version", "very high waves version" and "high waves with abnormal frequency version". They all, especially the last two, are sort of experimental, as they try to address a limitation of the game engine (which limits the wind speed to max 15 m/s) by increasing dramatically wave strenght leawing wind speeds unaltered. The settings of the three of them are found in the same file, and enabling more than one would mean that only the one enabled last would be applied. On the other hand, their merging into one file, would require a delicate averaging/finetunig of parameters from different version applying to the same wind speeds, rather than a simple copy/paste process.

Waiting for a proper wave mod, I suggest you sticking to one of the following:

- breeze version (as included in DynEnv's package);
- gale version with Fifi's improvements (available as an external download at post #1);
- sobers wave mod (also available from post #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
By that I take it you mean I wouldn't have to start a new career? And yes I do have the Dyn Env v2.1 mod installed right now. Just uninstall 2.1 and install 2.9 in the same lines where 2.1 was?
yep, v 2.9 is an optimization of v 2.1, but core files are mostly unchanged. More in general, not being saved in save games, environmental parameters can be edited during campaign with relative safety. This is on the pro side, the cons being that on game reload, weather is never the same as when you saved it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote