View Single Post
Old 03-18-19, 02:59 PM   #5
Master
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICY View Post
2. The interact radius is pretty big on some of the stations, sometimes it's easy to get on the wrong station because your aim was a little off. Probably the worst example of this is the ladder and ballast tank valve controls, you can actually reach the ballast controls from in front of the ladder, which means if you're in a hurry and miss the ladder mesh when you click you can actually end up on ballast by accident. Not ideal in an emergency.

The worst one is the observation periscope when it is looking forward and the forward ballast tanks. If you miss y our click instead of looking through the periscope you are not opening or closing the forward ballast tanks which can cause problems.

The most useful one we found was that if you stand at the bottom of the ladder and look up at the hatch you can bypass 2/3rds of the ladder and get a warp up by clicking the ladder activation at the top of the ladder which standing at the bottom.

Quote:
5. Death and damage are a bit underwhelming, I think this is actually one of the more important points. The game does a great job of building tension and delivering plenty of terrifying moments, but when you finally die it's a very abrupt cut to the death screen. The same is true for when you approach and reach crush depth, the only thing indicating damage is some drips from the ceiling. This is obviously a little more work than the other suggestions, but a few simple things like lights going out, loud bangs and crashes, and maybe some water particle effects spraying in from a few pipes would go a long way to making damage and death a lot more terrifying.

This is very underwhelming. You can take a single hit from a gun and get that screen just because you have an unstoppable leak. The crush depth kind of makes sense but i'd prefer something like SH where it goes black and you hear crushing metal sounds for a bit.

The whole point is that the game is very immersive and then you are very abruptly removed from that immersion when you die. If the ship doesnt outright crush then you should be able to ride it down to crush depth trying to save it. There should be water coming out of everywhere and a feeling of frantic impending death.

What we have right now is an instant, oh, you died here is your stats. which is... underwhelming!

Quote:
7. Client replication on Join in Progress - we had at least two occasions where someone joined us after we already started the game and couldn't see the character models of the other clients. The client who joined could see the host of the game, but not the other clients. Host and clients could all see the client that joined. I don't know exactly what the occurrence rate on this is, we didn't look into it further and I don't remember how many times someone even joined us during the game but it's possible we were 2 for 2 on this. Let me know if you want us to dig into it a little more.

We had one instance of this where someone tried to load in, we saw his character load it. the text buffer listed him as loaded in but he got stuck looking at the ship selection screen. To fix it we had to restart everyone's client. I think there was some corruption causing the game to not be able to match the game in progress to the new joiner.