View Single Post
Old 04-10-08, 11:06 PM   #63
CA Sailor
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well I am new here and also going to build an U69. I have enjoyed your topic and Siaras and was the main reason I got the kit. All the info between you two have made it easier to see what I need to do to my kit. I haven't started it yet because I am saving up for the exterior parts and want to get all the info on building the 69 before starting. My plan is to have the sub tied up to a dock someplace getting e torpedoes loaded and supplys. What is currently in my mind is a full pier with buildings and vehicles. I plan on using CMK U-Boat exterior set 1, U-Boat deck winch for torpedo, White Ensigns Type VIIC U-Boat PE Set, Tyoe VIIC U-Boat flood and drain and vent holes, Yankee Model Works Upper Preasure Hull and their set of brass parts, and Nautilus wood deck. When I bought my model on ebay for a steal it came with the Yankee Model Works brass parts which to Siaras behalf include the vents that you meticulously scratch built. I am not sure on figurines as of yet but leaning towards CMks because from what I have seen on peoples models they look best or Revells because they seem to be the best bang for the buck.

CA Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote