Old 02-20-17, 07:01 PM   #2722
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
You misunderstand.

First of all, those political activists do not operate with the authority of the official Kiev, but with the silent consent of it and are separate from the said authority.
That makes no sense. If they have the consent of official Kiev, silent or not, then they are not separate from said authority.

Quote:
Secondly such policies are counter productive to Kiev's interests, because the people in the regions blockaded become more dissatisfied with Kiev regime, as they are denied basic services, for example electric power supply.

An example of the later would be political activists blowing up powerlines into Crimea (and cutting off some Kiev held areas in the process). You can refresh those events in your memory by reading this article (or other articles on the topic):
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/23/w...ectricity.html
There were also cuts in food supplies from Kiev held regions into Crimea, those deliveries (just like electric power) were later replaced by deliveries from Russia, hurting both the Kiev's support base in Crimea and Ukrainian buisnesses.

Nowadays those same activists block raillines, including the coal supplies from Donbas to Ukraine (and food supplies from Ukraine to Donbas, same thing as they did in Crimea, I have linked an article above regarding growth of Russian food exports into Donbas), which lead to the Kiev Goverment enacting a state of emergency:
http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/403457.html
It's all just so convenient to Moscow's interests and so detrimental to Kiev's that it makes me wonder who these "political activists" really work for.

Time will tell what happens but when the dust finally settles i'll bet this ends up with Mother Russia expanding her borders again and it'll bet the Pravda will be that it was all Kievs fault. Just like it was all their fault that Moscow was forced to seize the Crimea. Just like it was the Georgians fault that Moscow was forced to invade their country although those breakaway regions are technically "independent".

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote