View Single Post
Old 08-21-18, 09:00 PM   #15
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

But we can find a lot of youtube videos of 1-2 years ago where Sean - contrary to the few anwer extracts in Angry Joe''s vid - clearly saying that certain features would NOT be in the game. In one of such videos he said that NMS was not the kind of game for Multiplayer (not just online features which are not considered MT), MT didn't make any sense for him in NMS.

MT has been added now due to the player's pressure. Why would a lier listen to people if he can have it easy by doing nothing like so many other developers?

One year ago I did a lot of replies like this on Steam forum of the game which was infected with such themes (instead of focusing on real game shortcommings) and I did provide a lot of video links that denies the myth of hiding to the players what would be in the game. And I surely won't repeat it here just to convince you.

Things have been taken out of the game prior of release, and there were different builds showing in the trailers, all that's true, we can all be obset about it yes, but really... do we ever make such a discussion for other major game titles where this constantly happens almost in total silence? No, I have never heard this kind of negative hype like the one for NMS.

Just to take an example of a 'real' major fan-arsing that didn't make any waves where it should:

Why weren't there such critics when Paramount Pictures only published ripped DVD versions of all the Star Trek series, cutting away 1/4 of real story content just to accomodate advertisement TV time? I can understand it when running on TV, but for a DVD? Why didn't they publish the ones with the original time lenght of 1 hour (insteaad they published the ripped 45 minutes series) ? That's just plain fan-arsing.
Fact is I hear no one lamenting about that...although, at least for me, this is a *real* big reason to get obset as a Star Trek fan...

With Sean Murray leading a small group of devs we are making a big case instead...so I cannot take your arguments seriously, if you don't like a deo you throw it away, you don't make a hype...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 08-21-18 at 09:29 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote