Old 08-21-18, 04:23 AM   #8
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Does the company deserve your money?
If I'm to believe the keyboard warriors on forums, blogs and other sites the answer would be ''No'' but they bought/buy it anway and keep on supporting them and/or other companies doing the same with their wallets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
But for some reason people are willing to give them some slack in this case and I find it all a bit irritating. Come next EA controversy and the same people are there with their pitchforks, not understanding it is them who are the problem, not the company.
Yep the same people who still go out and buy again and again EA's unfinished, bug ridden, DLC Deluxe Edition/Pre-order/Lootboxes/Booster pack ridden nonesense for a price that makes me wonder.......are they stupid? Yes they are.

You think they'd learn one day but I keep stumbling on the same articles again and again so I think for some it's worse not being able to play a garbage of a Star Wars Battlefront game so they keep on supporting the company regardless the pricetag the game's at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
You can easily protect yourself from all that: I never pre-order any game, I rely on youtube videos, especially 'Let's Play' videos, or written reviews and I can very quickly see if there are major flaws or contradictions with the initial trailers or promo videos (which I never give much credits anyway, a video for selling a game cannot be exactly informative, it's just a 'promo'.) Besides, what do I gain by pre-ordering? I cannot play the game anyway, so I don't see any point doing such a stupid thing, and I cannot impede others to be idiots and lament later...
I take it you where not paying attention with No Man's Sky.

Quote:
Despite the blattant extracts of Angry Joe's video seeing Sean Murray (main author of No Man's Sky) responding to very generic questions of journalists (or kind of), I think that he was answering by memory relying on what was in the game *at that time* before release. So it's difficult and inappropriate to just say he lied. The decision to take out features of a game is a practise of ALL major games and have different very practical or legal reasons, the FSK (youth protection), bugs in the game that could hamper future sellings, features not working as intended, copyright reasons and whatnot else, all valid reasons to put things out. At the time of Sean Murray's interview he could not exactly anticipate his actions, also maybe he was a bit naive and simplistic in his responses, so one can be obset because of that, but making him a lyer is just another sort of bad hype, nothing more. Nothing to do with the real situation at the office of HG or in SM's mind.
So he tells you and shows you things that will be in the game, game's released and those things are not in the game. What do you call that then?

Quote:
Besides of all that, if you would like to buy the game today, then the point IS about how the game fares now. On GOG and on Steam, you don't have to pay the full price if you are so patient to wait for sales that can go down -50% of the release price. So the monetary aspect, the game's price is neither a good argument against the game, and never is anyway.
But a game developer that lied,played you and does not deliver at release what was promised is a good argument to never do business with them again regardless the pricetag and state the game is in as the state it is now should've been the state at release, period.

Quote:
It seems that the lesson to be learned about all this is: A game developer also ought to be a good entreperneur, a good businessman and marketing expert, also a profound psychologist anticipating people's reactions other than a charismatic appearing Leader... A bit too much, isn't it ? Let's not fly away but keep our boots on the ground of reality, please.
Ow I think you've flown far away already because the lesson you seem to draw out of this makes no sense to what's being discussed here.

Last edited by HunterICX; 08-21-18 at 06:35 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote