View Single Post
Old 08-25-12, 04:40 PM   #12
sarat567
Watch

Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
Okay, hmmmmmmmmmmm, well, the next question is, where do you have the game installed? Did you install it to the default location when you loaded the game on your computer?

If so, uninstall the game, and delete the SH4 folder from My Documents. Then on your hard drive, create a folder and call it whatever you want, I called mine Games In that folder create an SH4 folder.

When you go to install the game, navigate to the Sh4 folder in your newly created Games folder. Let it load up there.

But the stock game itself is pretty buggy. If you would like to experience the stock game without it's personality crisis, I would suggest Webster's GFO mod. It tweaks a few things, but stays very very close to the original release.

Since you have the dvd version of the game, do you know what version of the game it is? Is it 1.4 or 1.5? If you have 1.5, you should have the Uboat Missions add-on, but it also changed a lot of the core files for things in the game. So a lot of mods won't work correctly with older versions because of compatability issues.

Also, do you know what your system specifications are for your computer? That helps folks here to help you try to sort issues out.
I don't use default directory.
I use 1.5 with u-boat missions, but again, that haven't caused the problem...
And my specs are more than enough. I have played this game for years before this error occured.
sarat567 is offline   Reply With Quote