View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 01:03 PM   #285
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

@aanker, thanks for the attaboy. With what I've had to say here and some of the reactions here I sometimes think that I'm not doing something worthwhile by sounding the alarm. Yeah, I read all those Chicken Little stories and didn't want to grow up to be him. But this is too real for me to be able to keep my mouth shut.

@Steed to the best of my knowledge there is no such site. The logical person to keep such a database, Mark Russonovich, was actually hired by Microsoft, and so won't be doing any such thing. I hope he's screaming his head off about their coercive tactics though and I bet he is.

Microsoft is really commiting suicide here. When you lose the trust of potential customers you lose your business. It takes years to build trust and you can lose all of it in a day. Walmart is a perfect example as its image is in a horrific downhill death spiral which will be nearly impossible to stop.

When the goal of a business ceases to be service to its customers and becomes the immediate bottom line by any means possible, that business is toast. Dollars are the product of service, not an end unto themselves.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote