View Single Post
Old 02-13-08, 04:39 PM   #16
renegade22
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The great majority of all condor users, including me, are glider pilots in real life. I think that kind of prooves the quality of this sim. You just can't fool these users with unrealistic flight characteristics.

The developers of condor concentrated on a realistic competition gliding simulator. It takes quite some knowledge to fly gliding competition (in real life as well as online)...so the target group is basically only real life glider pilots. Condor is still a nice flight simulator for "outsiders" to just have fun flying around and getting a feel for thermals and ridge lift...and maybe sometime take a seat in real glider?!

The grafics of condor don't look spactacular on the first look. They do allow a very good height perception in low level flying. This is important when using ridge lift...flying as close as possible to a ridge at high speed. There are a few fotorealistik sceneries available but in my opinion looks are not most important here.

The real fun in condor unfolds on multiplayer races over routes of 100km and more. These flights usally take about 2hours or more. If you crash, your gone - no second chance (this makes for very exciting racing). The NMEA output lets you hook up your real life PDA (the same device and software I use in real life competition) giving you extra information in the online world and very realistic training for real life flights in the future. Even though no computer software will ever be able to capture the beauty of flight, condor definitly gets my heart pounding and captures the thrill of long low final glides to the finish line in online multiplayer competition.
renegade22 is offline   Reply With Quote