View Single Post
Old 01-02-21, 03:33 PM   #16
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Dear SH3 friends, take it easy

"Convoi_PQ17" and "Jeff-Groves", I don't know what's driving you to badmouth "LSH3 Edition 2020" so massively here.
Are you fundamentally against SH3? Or are you just "ignorant"?

Regarding the use of UBI SH3.EXE, there are facts:

1. as a starting point for V20 we use an original SH3.EXE (v.1.4b) which UBISOFT has published on UBI servers itself for about 12 years, free of charge and available worldwide.
This fact alone shows that this SH3.EXE was released by UBI "for free disposal for all".
(Unfortunately, after the big UBI website rebuild, the direct link can no longer be found today).

These original UBI files have been freely available since 2006 and are still available today at GameCopyWorld https://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_s...hunter_3.shtml.
The fact that UBISOFT has not taken any action against the distribution of these files (under GCW) proves that there is probably no legal basis for this, because they are original UBI files released by UBI itself.
The use of these files therefore does not in principle violate any application of these files.

These are all facts and should first be taken note of by "Convoi_PQ17" and "Jeff-Groves"!

2. with V2020 installation this SH3.EXE is patched by HSIE/STIEBLER and then TYCHO.
As far as I know, these patches are also freeware and are available for free use.

The LSH3 Installation Edition 2020 simply uses all the possibilities to legally use the official UBI SH3.EXE.
The free supermod version "LSH3 Edition 2020" is definitely legal and does not violate any restrictions or copyrights, neither by UBI nor by SUBSIM!

Tell me what you think about it!

Kind regards, Urmel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote