View Single Post
Old 11-10-05, 02:28 PM   #1
Miika
A-ganger

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Some more missions and questions

I sent some more missions to Bill's site. I made and play-tested them for LwAmi mod 2.03, during which I made some remarks and had a few questions. I like the way the mod makes the AI act more "intelligent", but it also makes the scenario designing a bit more challenging. (Didn't I just put the speed to 5kts, why is that Victor III going at 20kts etc. )

But seriously, the more variations for the behaviour of the AI platforms, the better, for it makes the scenarios more and more re-playable.

A couple of questions: in "FF Unlikely Rescue", I found it very hard for the Typhoon to stay in the surface. Since it uses "transit", and the depth has been set to 64ft for two waypoints, shouldn't it stay in the surface? I have used a script for that as well, but still it sometimes just seems to dive on its own, ruining my goal. Has the mod something to do with this?

Or... I've noticed that if I set some waypoints for P-3 and run the game in time-compressed mode, it sometimes may miss a waypoint and turn around until it finally makes it. Is it possible that an edge of a trigger or a sub waypoint could be missed as well? And hence the script set to the waypoint?

In "FF Pirates Again!" I put quite a few triggers to the cargo ship, and a couple of them simply refused to work. Is there a de facto limit for triggers/platform? Or some other mechanism, for instance if a 1% damage trigger is fired, a 10% won't work?

And finally, I tried to make a trigger around the cargo ship to be fired if warning shots were fired close to it. (=1nm radius, to be fired with approach goal for shell or bullets) I couldn't make it work, however. Anyone has a working example?

I you find fatal bugs, please tell me, I'll at least try to fix them. And all my missions are open, so feel free to re-write and re-publish them. The more missions there are out there, the better.

And Luftwolf and Amizaur, thanks for the great mod

And thanks, Bill, for putting them on your site

Miika