View Single Post
Old 12-27-18, 09:48 PM   #1
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294
Uploads: 0
Default Hoping to Identify my father's ship

I know this is probably asking much..but I didn't know where to go, so I figured my friends here on subsim would at least get me on the right path.

My father was in the navy just after world war 2. He signed up at 17 years old in 1946. I know he went to Easter Island. Other than that, nobody in my family knows anything, including my mom. She is alive at 91, and my father passes away in 2008. I finally found a picture in their house, but my mom is not interested.
So I will try to attach it here. I know he was on a destroyer, that's all I know.

At one time I did try to search his name but everyone wants some type of permission or fee. My mom doesn't know much, and I don't want to push to get his social security number (which is what the official sites want). My 7 siblings don't know.

So first I thought I would post this picture and see if anyone can help me identify the ship. At least if I knew what it was, it would help.

I don't really know who took the picture or when, but this was in our house since I was a young boy, and I barely remember him talking about it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181225_164648.jpg (78.4 KB, 38 views)
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote