View Single Post
Old 10-25-20, 10:08 AM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Patrol "Hunt for wounded Bear"

I began this patrol with an American submarine type "Gato", departing from Fremantle in Australia towards the Pacific zone between Borneo and New Guinea, dominated by the Japanese in 1942. In this mission I decided to test the limitations of fuel, batteries, compressed air and oxygen. The performance of the batteries is depressing, if it was so in reality: poor crew! It doesn't take long to get the batteries at 50%, sailing at standard speed and recharging them takes several hours. You can only do it at night and dodging warship contacts all the time. During the day it is impossible, because when you surface in a matter of minutes, the game generates a couple of planes that appear out of nowhere. You dive in and they go, you surface and they come back. I am forced to remain immersed for hours immobile (so as not to use up all the batteries) waiting for the night. My goal is to sink the aircraft carrier "Shokaku", the friends of the high command do not ask for anything! Hahaha! I have saved the patrol to continue it later, I have not seen the aircraft carrier and the Japanese convoys appear and disappear very far from my current position, in the approaches to the Celebes sea. My diesel fuel reserve is at 50% and I do not know how to continue, I do not seem to return to Fremantle with all the torpedoes and empty hands. In 1942 everything around me speaks Japanese, I don't know if I have a friendly port where I can load fuel. What do you advise me to do, dear colleagues?
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote