View Single Post
Old 09-01-09, 03:17 AM   #52
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Let's say you've just created a mission for your installation. Double-check these steps:

• Make sure you're using the SH3 Mission Editor located inside the folder of the game version for which you're making the mission. This is required because the data for the world map and units (ships, planes, etc.) is loaded from the game installation where you started the Mission Editor. So creating missions for, say, GWX would require loading the ME from that folder.
  • When saving your mission, make sure the mission name is exactly the same as the folder. For example, you've created a mission named "Convoy Attack". In the SH3 install where you wish to save it, you'll see a folder called "data". Inside there is the folder labeled "MultiMissions". This is where all multiplayer missions are located. Inside that folder you'll see three more folders labeled "English", "French", and "German". Let's say your mission is in the English language. Inside the "English" folder, you'll see a list of other folders bearing the names of missions. Create a new folder here with the same name as your mission and then save your newly created mission inside there. So the folder path would look like this:
Code:
Your SH3 Installation
              |
            data
               |
             MultiMissions
                     |
                   English
                         |
                    Convoy Attack (save the Convoy Attack mission inside)
Your mission should load just fine now.

I usually set up my missions to work with JSGME, so I can keep them seperated from the "stock" missions of standard or modded SH3 installations. It makes it easier to add new missions and also save a backup if I ever need to reinstall my game.

Now go sink some Tommies!