View Single Post
Old 08-21-18, 12:49 PM   #12
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Sorry, normally I would not reply to all such nonsense, but it's worth taking the effort because you all go far off-topic. My intention is in the first line of my first post, bringing to the attention a game to space game lovers. Nothing more, nothing less. And I don't take a dime of your 'religious' believes about the company and the game developer. All this doesn't matter when I play, it's that simple.
Here some corrections for your deviations:
Religious beliefs? can't recall making anything up about the company so not sure what your angle is there.

Quote:
Absolutely not, where did I tell that I bought the game at release? I've bought it after Foundation update where the game already had everything 'in' what I wanted.
Where did I state that you did? I didn't. You stated that you check reviews, let's play etc etc on Youtube so how did you miss the part where everyone was pretty pissed of that SM basically didn't deliver on the promises he made and released an entirely different game to what has been shown to everybody?

Quote:
I call your statement an 'interpretation' of the facts, unless you are member of the dev team and know all what you say for sure. Otherwise I have given a good explanation why things can be taken out of a game, did you read them at all?
I did but SM didn't go back on the promises he made, well he did try downplay it just prior to launch but way to little and way to late.

Quote:
What a fuss...why should I ever care what a dev says about the game, what counts is what *I* as a player have to say about the game...And again you must have a 'crystal sphere' to read in the mind of SM, explain me the magic some day...
I'd like not to be BSed and waste my money on a product that doesn't deliver what has been promised on release. Simple.

Quote:
Sorry guy, but you go very off-topic and I have to correct you. Maybe you think my post is sort of a promo? Then you are wrong, it's just an info that fits this thread category. Your opinion is welcome, but don't get personal please
So far it's all related to No Man's Sky and Sean Murray. No Off topic there.
My apologies if it sounded to personal because I'm not trying to, however I did have a hard time figuring out how you came to the conclussion of the lesson you draw out of it regarding being a good businessman, good entrepeneur and a marketing expert because if you didn't know the Videogame industry took lesson out of No Man's Sky to avoid making the same marketing missteps Sean Murray and Hello Games did.

Quote:
Yes that's true. But I think (I don't know for sure of course, that's why I'm not calling SM a lier!), I think that Sean was convinced to release this kind of build but then realized (maybe on behalf Sony Corp.) that things had to be put out to meet the stringent release date. It's very hard for Sean who maybe had not the necessay public relation 'feeling' to tell all the story about it. The future sales would have suffered a lot, and again: there was still Sony Corp...
Don't make promises you can't keep. Besides Sony only supply some help with publishing and promotion the rest was all Hello Games.

Quote:
No, sorry, I don't see hard evidence for a lie. But instead, I agree with you all that all the matter the game was released is a very sorry one.
But even those who were deceived by the release get to update FREE to a more than acceptabel state. So why all this fuss? Just move ahead and play the game if you have it, and consider its actual state (called "Next" update, see my first post) if you think to buy it.
So you didn't see him making false promises, you didn't see him showing off a different game and you didn't see people who got the game at release missing many features promised by Sean Murray?

As for ''He fixed it later'' Yeah cool..that's like me going to buy a car getting promised a tons of options when I buy it but when I pick up the car none of the options promised are there but I get them installed 2 years later. Yeah thanks but that's still getting shafted by the salesman.

Anyway, that you're happy with the game as it's now hey cool beans you enjoy it you got what you wanted so that's what matters. But you can imagine that many people where very dissapointed when the game was released it wasn't what had been promised and you can count on it that that isn't easily forgotten and forgiven. I didn't buy No Man's Sky, guess my earlier experience with dissapointing releases taught me some valuable lessons but no one could miss the noise it made when it was released.