View Single Post
Old 06-29-10, 07:33 AM   #223
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I tried to install the Merchant_Fleet_mod_3.2, but unfortunately it ctd'd just before completing loading of the museum, which might be something as simple as a ship name missing in the English names file.
I don't know yet, haven't investigated, it could be my system just can't handle it.

I did have a quick look at a few of the ships with S3D tho, and couldn't help notice that the M13A, M13B and M14B had hitpoint ratings of 2160, which is extraordinarily high for a merchant, considering ur average battleship in GWX3 has a hitpoint rating of 800 to 1000.

If the Min and Max effect in the torpedo.zon is increased to the levels suggested, you'll be sinking battleships easier than merchants.

Perhaps there might be a small fault with the hitpoint ratings of some of the ships Iambecome, considering the M13X is rated at 460, and the M14X is rated at 585 hitpoints.

Hope you get it stable in all variants, and i hope i can get my system to run it.
it looks awesome

Quote:
The only other niggle I have at the moment is the amount of punishment these single ships can take as and when I meet them - Medium Merchants are taking multiple torpedo hits to sink them, if at all. One took four torpedoes and almost all my gun ammunition and it still would`nt go down! I gave it up as a bad job in the end and just carried on with the patrol...
It was this post that caught my attention from JC1959, but i've just looked at the MFM_Interim_Beta version which contains just the M13A, M13B and M14B . . . and the hitpoints have been corrected.

Apologies if i'm late to the party iambecome, i shall duly hold my head underwater for 10 minutes.

Last edited by roadhogg; 06-29-10 at 08:13 AM.