View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 01:09 AM   #10
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiral Crapaud View Post
I'd buy that! (for more than a dollar though )
But my feeling is that if you're motivated, you should go for it - you won't get from the subsim forum alone the sort of attention/support (especially the financial kind) you would need to know in advance that your game is viable. If you have the technical skills & the funding to spare, going for a prototype sounds like the safe and efficient way.

At any rate, just so we're clear, except if you're making it multistation but still fun (aka much simplified), your glass ceiling is - best case scenario - the audience reached by Cold Waters. Make it multistations but require people to learn to operate an actual sonar to play it and you're in Dangerous Waters zone. If you're looking for a way to make your life easy, there are better ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
That sounds all nice but frankly if your goal is to earn money or even just settle your expenses, this community will not be sufficient, I guess. ...

Truly guys,
These are the answers that I was looking for, thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
... Have you already experience with a complex simulation project like this ?

Don't want to brag about it... but we have what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiral Crapaud View Post
...I am making a carrier simulation myself, and if I ever get to half the numbers of Cold Waters, I'll die a happy man ...

Best of luck to you too!

Other thoughts or opinions are acceptable too. So keep it coming!

Last edited by maslas; 06-01-20 at 01:48 AM.
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote