View Single Post
Old 03-12-20, 09:02 PM   #1585
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Icon8 Argh

Clean install, everything working nice-and-neat. Started pre-war, ran 6 patrols and was transferred to a training cadre. Started with a new Captain (using SH3Commander) and again everything fine. It's mid-March, 1940, and in grid AN, I encounter a small convoy of three ships lead by an armed trawler, all Holland-flagged.

Heading to intercept for a stop-and-search, at approximately 6-7 klicks the armed trawler turns to face me and begins firing. Turning to face him, I engage with my deck gun, figuring I have enough range to (reasonably) safely try to engage and take out the armed trawler because, if I can, the remaining three merchants are toast. By the time it closes to 3 klicks, I've landed five hits without taking a single hit in return. Landing the sixth hit, the armed trawler abruptly turns hard aport...

CTD

Here are the list of mods currently enabled at time of patrol:

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.2
WAC5.2 H.sie Supplement to V16B1
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
CAM-Ship
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM v3.3 Silhouettes by Izgud
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
Das_Realistic_Food
DD Visible Mines v1.0
DD_Debris_V1.2
hydrophone depth charge
ImprovedSmoke1_1
Realism_Renown Adjustment
Shallow Water Asdic
torpedo trail and wake fix
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Visible Flags_moderate
WAC5.01 Realistic Hull Damage
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Auto Plot Kiel Canal WAC5
Scir_-Tikigod-_repeated_or

I'd really like to know what, if anything, is/was the culprit. I can't be exactly sure, but it seemed as if the last hit I'd landed had mortally wounded the armed trawler, and SHIII CTD the moment the trawler "died".
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote