View Single Post
Old 07-14-10, 10:45 PM   #2
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Well, here are my opinions on the subject:

- With the new community developer having been assigned by Ubi, and with the way he is aggressively searching for information regarding a possible patch, I am not so sure that Ubi has abandoned us yet. I am not saying that I am sure another patch is coming, but it is possible. If one does come, it would really throw a wrench into a super mod team's plans. Now, I don't want to be blasted for this by the Ubi haters crew, I am not saying this in support of Ubi, I am simply saying that I don't want a bunch of people to do a bunch of work and then have it messed up.

- Also, as Privateer has pointed out several times before, we do not have all the tools we need. And, we don't have enough information or knowhow built up with the tools we do have. This problem is constantly grounding people's work.

- On the other hand, as everyone who frequents these forums knows, I strive to ensure compatibility between my mods and other people's mods, and it is extra work to do so. That is one of the reasons why me and BIGREG are working together now, since we both have files that affect the interior, it is easier for us to keep things compatible by working side by side. The same would obviously be true on the large scale, so, you have a very good point there. The conflicts between mods are getting maddening.

- Now, of course cooperation would greatly speed many modders up. Heck, I have been clamoring for any information/help I can get with my interior mod because it simply takes too much time for one man to: come up with ideas, do all the research, figure out how to change something, change it, test it, change it again, etc.

On the whole, I would love to see more cooperation, though I am really undecided on whether or not a super mod team should be formed. If others would be interested in forming a super mod team, I would be happy to help in any way I can if my help is wanted. If the majority of other modders do not think it is a good idea, I would still like to see a movement towards cooperation for the sake of compatibility between individual mods.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote