View Single Post
Old 11-30-19, 06:48 PM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Something very different: Gran Turismo Sports on Playstation 4.

In realism it is not really a hardcore sim. But I readily admit: it is very solid fun compromise between realism and arcade, packed in an utmost elegant package of now impressive content volume, and with some of best graphics, namely the Tv replays and the glass bodies of the rear lights look fantastic. Driving them with motion control mode of PS4 controllers is possible and works good, but of course best choice is wheels.

I do not play it often since I do not play PS4 often in general, but sometimes I do. Though aC and ACC and RR are my home sims, I like GT. A lot. Well. I also like Wreckfest (on PC).

This 3+ hours video shows the four races of some live world championship they do. Its four different races in four different locations with four different cars and it gives a nice overview of what is possible in immersion and TV-like coverage today. You do not watch 3 hours of such video, so you have to jump manually between different sections of the video to jump into the three different races.

Raceroom does such live event show acts as well. Usually live at real world racing events, and in their own Raceroom cafe at the Nordschleife. Raceroom, owned by a suspension manufacturer and thus featuring the best suspension simulation data and technology on the sim market (they have full access to KW's live data), runs its own cafes as well, so they are a bit more than just a racing sim.