Old 10-03-22, 03:33 AM   #3
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Excellent news

Just little advice if I may… but it’s only my point of view … most important improvements should be for U-Boats, ships, land stuff and airplanes in that order to me
We very rarely are looking closely to airplanes while playing
At least we are supposed to look at them from our deck, not to say from our periscope !
Yes of course, my friend. That is virtually our exact view as well, though I would add "solid campaign file work" as a cornerstone for it all.

Regarding the player U-boats, you already know that they have always been our number one priority. The player U-boat aspect of GWX-KC is now virtually completed compared to where we started. Without intending to poke you in the eye, Fifi I'm not certain if you read that part closely enough.

However, when I write these updates, we are only showing the tip of the iceberg in relation to what has already happened, and is happening within our flotilla offices.

Though 'hardcore realism' players will be VERY happy with what we are doing in GWX-KC, especially as it relates to manual targeting, TDC usage, and those sort of things, they are not the only SH3 players we build for.

You and I would naturally turn off the free camera when we run a 'real patrol' and aren't testing things during development. However, many prefer a more casual style of play. Any player can have the best of both worlds in GWX-KC.

To put it gently.... In days past, before your involvement with your impressive NYGM enhancement modifications, the leaders of the NYGM project arguably worked to alienate SH3 players that did not fit their view on how the game should be played. They did so, while attempting to undermine simulator realism elements that are present in GWX. Though I can completely understand the desire to play as realistically as possible, individual elements are very frequently argumentative. In my opinion, the elitist demeanor that resulted from their approach harmed the community, and rather blew up in their faces.

GWX does a very good job of introducing new or returning players to the shallow end of the pool, while shepherding them to the deeper end where the sharks live.

We believe that we shouldn't have to chose between visually accurate elements and realistic game-play / simulator experience.

The two elements are inseparable in our view.

We are also acutely cognizant of the 4gb data channel budget. We are also aware that it is not a true 4gb. It is a relatively unmovable obstacle that will remain merciless for all of us. We are able to accurately measure our expenditure within that channel and will react accordingly in development of GWX-KC to avoid overloading it.

That being said, as iambecomelife, Alex B., VonDos, and Texelbo may tell you, we asked for and received very kind and relatively sweeping permission for usage of their fine work. Furthermore, we are building other vessels with the overall tonnage balance in mind. As you can see, we have huge plans for the Sea roster.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I believe that I have garnered a fair bit of experience managing huge mod construction. It is true that I had been gone for a while, but not everything has changed in my absence.

You have been very kind to me, and our development team are truly appreciative in regards to the Georgios Averof gun problem you pointed out to us. Thanks to you, it has been been corrected within GWX-KC approximately a week or two ago. Even if you are angry with me tomorrow, you will be credited for that help in the new GWX-KC manual.

Fifi, I am truly happy to listen to any advice you may wish to field in our direction. None of us are infallible. However, I would prefer that you offer it by private message, as I have done so for you, when it related to a concern about new ASW vessel stern resiliency against self harm in-game. I have no wish to undermine your work or intentionally embarrass you.

I certainly have no wish to gain another enemy.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote