View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 07:56 PM   #12
Brenjen
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

CFF is saying I can't save without renaming the file.....I hope to get this figured out because I love SH4 with mods but the CTD's have got me where I don't play it at all.

I noticed the read only tab was already unchecked in the SH4 properties tab as well when I opened it. I don't know if that's a problem as I stumbled upon this a few minutes ago & haven't been able to research at all, it's just an observation. And I'm using Windows7 64bit.

Edit: I figured out how to edit the properties by cutting/dragging the SH4 app file from the program files folder to my desktop, editing it there & saving it, then putting it back into the SH4 program files folder. The other problem I was having with Windows 7 still exists & that is that the SH4 app crashes after the intro movie. I've tried compatibility mode & running as administrator & still no dice.

Edit#2 - I have now fixed the blank screen freeze after the intro movies; it was a simple matter of unchecking the tab in the Nvidia control panel for the 3D manager from "use my emphasis on quality" to "let the 3D application decide" I can now use everything but the U-Boat missions add-on I bought in 2008 through Ubi & D2D.....since they changed the Ubi store & D2D was bought out by Gamefly there's no end to the headaches. Basically I have the original 1.5 patch/U-Boat add on file saved but my activation key no longer works. The only help I've gotten so far is "Is your firewall configured to let it through?.....It's turned off so I hope so lol

I'll never buy another game D/L; it's a disc or nothing from now on.

Last edited by Brenjen; 02-22-13 at 02:53 PM.
Brenjen is offline   Reply With Quote