View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 01:42 PM   #87
SubRiderRetired
Nub

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

USS Guardfish SS-217. 29APR43 1830hrs

15 days into 3rd Patrol...

CO: CoB...will you have Ensign Jax relieve the XO on the bridge and have the Officers muster in the ward room.
CoB: Yessir.
CO: Oh...CoB...in your travels, ask Chief Madson to join us along with yourself.
CoB: Yessir...

CO: OK fellas...we've been retasked to the Carolines...the way things have been going, sounds like somethings up. Nav plot the course, get input from CHENG, we need speed but be fuel conscious.
Nav: Yessir.
XO: Skipper...what about the problems with the Mk14's? Our last patrol we had 9 duds and we think 4 prematures...
CO: Yep...that's what Weaps and Chief Mason been tinkering with...Chief?Chief Madson: Well Skipper...Weaps and me still think the Mag detonators are the problem with the duds and the premies...but can't quite figure why...
Weaps: Yeah Skipper...the indicators just aren't lining up with what BuPOrd was telling us in Brisbane...all Chief and I can recommend is keeping the speed set to 30knts and try contact det only...but the Chief and I are still digging into it.
CO: Noted...keep at it...yall will find something...CoB?
CoB: Skipper...
CO: Our crew is getting their confidence, you and the XO keep an eye on them...we don't need anyone thinking they've a red S on their chest...confident is a good thing, but we need them to be smart about things.
CoB: Yessir...
CO: XO?
XO: I had noticed it also Skipper...the CoB and I got this...
CO: OK yall...we got a plan...Nav...you and CHENG get that new plot coordinated ASAP...CoB...spread the word if you would...all watch standers stay sharp, be smart...Anything else?...No?...Dismissed...