View Single Post
Old 08-13-15, 01:09 PM   #130
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Follow-up to my d3d9 issue...

OK...a little more info on this and another question or two.

This only happens when any of the V15 Widescreen GUI MODs are applied.

I looked for solutions on the Web and found lots of "Expert" opinions and answers...most of which I would not try, to tell you the truth! Even Microsoft's "fix" (reinstall DirectX 9) wouldn't work, the installer discovers a newer version (DirectX 11) is installed and then closes...thanks Bill!!!!

Anyway, with a 30" monitor, I can live with 4:3 resolution and the two black bars on the sides; it's still a nice big picture. So, unless someone has a simple, workable solution, that's what I'll do.

Also, the officer faces I would like to replace are the ones on the Orders Bar at the lower left corner of the screen. The "Das Boot" officer faces MOD worked for the Crew Management screen, but I don't recall how to replace the Orders Bar icons with those same "Das Boot" characters. Help, anyone?

Next, concerning h.sie's patcher...it isn't clear from the installation instructions, but I assume (that's risky, I know)...the fixes noted as already activated do not need to be checked-off on the Options Selector...correct? [Never mind; this one answered itself. When I opened the Options Selector for the first time, yesterday, before activating the V15 Full Version, the selection boxes were all blank. When I opened the Options Selector today, with V15 FV activated, the "preselected" option boxes all had check marks.] Plus, if I want to modify the ini.cfg file to adjust some parameters, that needs to be done before installing the h.sie patch MOD, also correct?

Lastly (for now anyway), I have several MODs/changes that I use in SH3 Commander for my GWX3 installation; such as MFM skins for "Date" folders, WB's Combi-Mod v0.7, and some "Date" folder changes to "data\Cfg" files to adjust AI sonar/hydrophone detection capabilities according to enemy skill levels at different stages of the war. Do you think any of those changes would be likely to cause problems with SH3 Commander for V15?

Well, "time flies" and I have to run to the Dealership to get the 40K mile maintenance done on my MB GL 350BTC...yup, I do appreciate German engineering.

Thanks again for a great supermod package!

Last edited by CaptBones; 08-13-15 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added information.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote