View Single Post
Old 08-12-09, 07:09 PM   #196
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

While I see the interest for protecting software, and absolutely sympathise with that, limited online activations and DRM keep me in infinite dependance from factors that are beyond my reach (servers, companies), and that I do not accept as long as I pay full price for it.

Since I wish these things to go away again, I cannot wish Black Shark and Rise of Flight success, since only financial failure of the distribution model has a chance to make producers changing it. If it is successful, they will stick with it - and that I do not wish. So I hope the sales numbers are so low that it sends them the message.

Customer's compliance was not what made Sony listening to customers of their copy-protected music CDs. Nor was customer's acceptance what made UBI and others dropping Starforce again. It was protest, public criticism, court cases and dissappointing sales numbers.

In the General Forum, I had laucnhed a thread on DRM and two simHQ-essays, one pro and one contra. while both were written competently and with calm reasoning, I agree with the contra's arguments more than with the pro's.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154722