View Single Post
Old 08-04-21, 08:08 PM   #142
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

24 Feb 1942

Borneo
HMS Truant torpedoed a troop-carrying cargo ship off the northern coast. Headed for Singapore?

Ceram Sea
2 PBs hit mines in the narrow strait S of Kendari. Which is a little weird because I don't remember putting a minefield here. Did they mine it trying to get my subs but ended up hitting themselves?

Celebes Sea
A Dutch sub torpedoed and sank a small tanker, probably headed for Balikpapan.

Hawaii
No BB bombard today, just air raids., which finished off the USS Detroit light cruiser.

China
Forts at Wenchow are now down to level 1. Won't be long.

25 February 1942
Hawaii
The battleships are back, air raids continued. A tanker, tender, and minelayer were finished off.

Borneo
A fast transport group delivered troops to Bandjermesin, on the south side of Borneo, opposite Surabaya, and left before I could respond. At least the troops are still there for me to bomb tomorrow.

China
He's moved troops into Sinyang again. He probably brought enough to do the job this time. But this time, I have air support. I've been bombing the army as it advanced from Hangkow, and I'm moving more bombers into the area to keep the pressure on.

Carrier update
Lex and the HMS Hermes have moved all the flyable Yorktown aircraft to Darwin. I'm giving the ships a day or two to get some maintenance done in port for a bit. The damaged planes should arrive in the next day or two, and then I'll have operational squadrons to use for training or to supplement another carrier.

A squadron of Fulmars arrived in Java, these are earmarked for the Hermes. Indomitable made it to Colombo for repairs, she'll be there for over a month. Hornet is set to be transferred to my command in 9 more days but she'll still be on the east coast.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 11-07-21 at 08:34 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote