View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 05:39 PM   #19
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
This is the thing, the developers built this game around 'The Sims/Bomber crew/This war of mine management model.
But many have demanded more conventional Silent Hunter style play,
So where the game is now is a bit of mash up between the two, the result is that's its a pretty complicated game to play.

How people have taken to this is really mixed, some really like it as it is. Some love the management play aspects, and others just want a straight up Silent Hunter clone.
Nobody could say which you would fall in to until you have tried it for yourself.

Where the devs will go with it I don't know. But i get the impression they are trying to keep everyone happy, and they will probably keep tuning it to be flexible towards different play styles, but its not quite there yet, if you want to play it kinda like SH5, as it stands, you 'sort of' can - but its quite hard work.
I am always amused when people describe UBOAT as tedious to play. xD I have 3500hrs playtime with Hearts of Iron 3. THIS game is tedious, and I love it. In comparison UBOAT is a joke...but a pretty entertaining one.
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote