View Single Post
Old 06-22-20, 08:16 AM   #3
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Hello, Uncle Neal.

Thanks for your lines. I'm sorry I don't post here often, I'm a regular facebook user. Depending on the status of the project.

Some of the things I've already written above, I don't want to show yet - before - Steam and the Early Access also starts the Kickstarter.

But now, at this very moment, Arctic Ice and Smoking Head Studio are ready to start. Exactly what matters is happening - right now.

When you've spent a lot of time on an idea like I did, a lot of things go through your head at a time like this.

Things like, "Did I do it right?"
"will the fans like it?"
or are they gonna judge it?

What can I improve on, where can I listen.

Nevertheless, it fills me with pride to say: "yes, I've finished it so far that it can be offered now" I've reached the point where the community, all people who like submarines and simulators, Acarde games or similar with this topic, can now become part of it all.

And it will be announced on Steam in 2 - 3 weeks (depending on how long Steam needs to register Arctic Ice).

In terms of development itself, dark times lie behind me. Times when I was alone, and no one at my side to tell me: "Do it this way".
But the result, I hope, will bring joy to you all.

Because that's all that matters.
Maybe I'm not a 100% simulator like you know from Silent Hunter.
Maybe Seahunter makes things simple - a bit different -
Maybe I am just a mixture of everything, but a very interesting mixture.

And it is coming towards you now with great strides.
And do I think (this is my personal opinion) about handing my work over to you in this way, and this in an early access, which is certainly not final, then I can say:

yes, the game is fun.
It's not a simulator, not even a pure "Acarde" game like World of Warships.
it is ... knitted a little differently.

and to be honest: I'm looking forward to show you the Steam announcement. I'm looking forward to start the closed beta, YouTube to show you how the game works and more. I'm also looking forward to announce the Kickstarter, which is a "if you like it, but you don't have to".
the project is so far, that it is not dependent on Kickstarter, but : if someone wants to contribute, it will only and exclusively serve the project, and not a cent goes into my own pocket, only into the game.

That makes me very proud.

It wasn't easy to avoid all those pitfalls. But now, here I am.
I have the content, I have the game, and I have the honor to present my work to you soon.

I have the pleasure of presenting joy to you.
and the only thing i can hope is that you like my idea exactly as much as i do.

But I am not afraid of that, because many ideas of the community have been taken into account. A lot of things that never existed before - are included in Seahunter.

whether you like it or not or it's up to you.

And what you don't like, there is certainly room for improvement.

Best regards,
Andy.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

German Developer Studio.
SmokingHeadStudio is offline   Reply With Quote