View Single Post
Old 02-28-09, 05:30 PM   #4
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm really puzzled why you object to a 'difficulty level' feature within SF (I understand the HUD cues are optional depending on degree of assistance), but are willing to overlook the general clumsiness of both the handling of these games' release (neither was in a fit state to be released by Lighthouse - mostly their fault from poor localisation for SF, but TvT seems unfinished and abandoned)

Both seem to have a fairly clunky (although possibly powerful?) scenario building process which can only hamper getting much good quality stuff made. Many attempts to get new maps and/or scenarios don't go smoothly.

Discussions around mission building should really be more about how to obtain the desired effect from the vehicles and troops available to put the player(s) into the story, rather than asking what incantations you must perform to get one vehicle onto the map. (IMO) Likewise for creating and adding new terrains - you shouldn't have to edit lots of files to get a new terrain imported and a simple test mission running - just add or edit the map, throw a few units into a scenario and start testing.

I think I'll sacrifice a few gear changes, and blocky but moving trees, for a robust and simple user interface.

Last edited by Lieste; 02-28-09 at 05:40 PM.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote