View Single Post
Old 01-27-23, 01:31 PM   #1329
EnriqueOliva
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default This does it.

Wow, I've just spent half my day installing this thing and following each step to the letter -which by the way, is not as "streamline" as you advertise- and the first thing that happens to me is CTD after scoring a torpedo hit on a ship. This does it, this ### does it.

Absolute garbage of a mod and game, along with all Silent Hunter games. Game engine in all games is riddled with bugs that make them unplayable since you never know when you will get a CTD and a corrupt save that will throw to the bin hours of effort and valuable time.

I played SH3, SH4, and SH5, all of them vanilla and with megamods (GWX OneAlex, FOTRS, TMO, and TWoS) and it's the same ### thing in all of them. Stupid AI and an extremely long list of precautions that you have to take in order not to corrupt your save files. Don't save near AI, don't save submerged, don't ALT+TAB, yada yada yada yada yada yada. A bunch of unacceptable ritual-like requirements to achieve something as basic as keeping your save files ok. What a load of ###.

Silent Hunter games are absoulte trashcan material, with and without mods. The other option out there is UBOAT but it doesn't give a ### about realism and the UI and crew management is nightmarishly complicated.

Guess it will be years before we have a minimally decent sub sim.

post edited by MODERATOR.

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 01-27-23 at 02:05 PM.
EnriqueOliva is offline   Reply With Quote