View Single Post
Old 02-07-24, 07:43 PM   #7
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

You have my sincere condolences regarding your family's situation. It is, indeed, disheartening when a situation exists where an animal is given more thought and consideration by the public, in general, than a human being suffering through the pains of final life. That the structure of the medical and insurance industries are geared more to economic expedience than compassionate service doesn't help matters much either...

Have you sought out any of the several organizations or groups dedicated to the needs of those seeking hospice or palliative care? I had coworker once who was in a situation similar to yours and another coworker Googled a few such organizations and one was able to point her in the direction of an advocate who was able to offer some help in her need. Perhaps your family might find some hope in the counsel of those who are trying to find more equitable solutions to a very tragic situation. It might be worthwhile to see if maybe some sort of support group for families of those who have members going through hospice might offer advice or solace...

For the sake of your wife's sister and the rest of your family, I do hope she does find a way to pass away without needless pain and with dignity. Your family is in my thoughts...

<O>