Old 03-12-08, 09:18 AM   #12
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958
Hi Rubini
Thanks for this mod; the weather is the most frustrating feature of SH3. I have often spent hours of game time patrolling and as soon as I contact a convoy the weather changes to heavy rain, fog, 15m/s wind, heavy seas and visibility beyond 50 meters; and no matter how long I follow the convoy, the weather won't change.
And then when it finally changes, I get 15m/s wind and very heavy seas.
Does you mod change the wind?
I assume you will update this to theGWX 2.1 when it becomes available.
Hi irish1958,

Yes, my intention was to give to the player at least a playable game again while it uses the mod. As playable I mean that you can hunt again. I should fool the game for any weather state (even clear no fog)...but I choose medium fog/no rain just because it's the more near state from what the player was before need to use the mod. As per the wind what i made was a slight tweak over sea state (waves and lighting) to allow the player to start hunt but yet with some restrictions. The change means that you pull out of an endless storm with heavy fog (300m at best of visibility with high waves) for a 2000m visibility, no rain, smallest waves but yet on an overcast condition. The game itself shall do this automatically in a better way after some time in storm but don't do, what makes the weather code just broken on SH3.

Just don't forget that the game in truth continues with the same weather state than before...what the mod do is just fool it and press for a change in weather asap.