View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 01:07 PM   #7
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I have modded my own game to have a bincoular view that is simply a rounded hole, as a real bincoular. For that I used a new image for bincoulars.dds plus changes in the menu.ini...is that what you are after? If so, I have already done it

well your TBT mod changes the UZO view too so i wondered how i could seperate the TBT and the UZO which use the same TBT_1024 image file so the UZO would still use the stock image (but renamed UZO_1024) to keep the german side with the double sided view for it while the TBT uses your new realistic single view image.

i have since realised all realistic views are supposed to be of the single circle image anyway and the double view "look" is just a classic game image thing just so you remember you are looking through binoculars.

i was thinking other things might need different "looks" from one side to the other so i was interested in learning how to go about dividing the US and german sides when they share a single image file used for both.

i did not want this to become about your mod so i limited my inquires to the binoculars.

i often try to learn the process involved in doing any mod that interests me so i try to school myself on the process and problem areas in doing it.

because of this i will usually know something about the mod process long before i actually get the mod idea because my mod ideas are based on what i know how to do.