View Single Post
Old 06-13-17, 10:39 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmo55 View Post
Been lurking in this forum for a while trying to work out if was going to purchase. Misgivings because I am into realism in a big way with my subsimming; loved DW for that reason, and continued playing years after it become visually obsolete. And tried to use as many SH5 mods all about realism. That just floats my boat, if you forgive the analogy. And CW seemed more arcady and seemed to compromise important (to me, you understand) parts of the functioning of a sub on the alter of wide appeal.

BUT having read reviews, watched videos and read the to and fro on this and other forums, and realising that we actually need to support financially what few houses there are producing sub simulations, decided to jump in. The other thing that has become very apparent is that there is a dedicated and talented group of simmers out there who think like me, and unlike me, can actually put their preferences into being by modding the game to get closer to that fabled cup of a 'realistic' modern subsim. In short, I have no doubt that the developers, who seem really responsive, and the modding community, will together take this sim in the direction I think it should go. I'm certain of it. So...money where mouth is and buy. Which I did and look forward to trading blows this weekend with the Soviet navy.

So, if there are other lurkers out there, hovering on the edge trying to decide whether to purchase, and not sure because it is not quite what you want to see in a modern subsim, I urge you to pay your sheckles if you can and jump in. This sim seems to be supported by responsive developers and an enthusiastic modding community, and if we want to see more sub sims, then the very best thing we can do is support.

Just my view.

Apoll
Hear, hear!

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote