View Single Post
Old 01-09-15, 07:43 AM   #439
xnonix
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

After several years without subsiming I have discovered this game! It's pretty cool even I haven't played it yet since I'm at work.

Congrats TheGeoff!!!

I can't wait to get home and take my hands on this monster!

I have some comments/sugestions about the features I have seen in videos about the game:

1. Every modern submarine it's based on stealth and 99% of the patrol is underwater. Active sensors like radar and active sonar are not commoly used and detection is based on passive sonar, passive intercept, ESM antennas or the periscope.
I see this game is more based on active sensors (for what I have seen on videos), and Towed Array sonars, Hull array sonars aren't modeled where they are the first sensors on locating enemy subs or ships on real life.

2. For modeling TMA, you can make the position accuracy of an enemy time dependant (more time tracking the enemy, better solution), giving a % on how good is your solution. When the enemy change course or speed your solution is degraded and your % decreases. Whe you change your course/speed your solution increases. This is done automatically by the crew giving the solution % and aproximate position based on error in the tactical map.

3. About the general game, I love the mechanics. It's awesome. I think the incidents in the submarine are too common and you could ballance it making training the crew on tracking targets, welding, etc, insteas of managing all those incidents.

Good work again, and keep it up!!!
xnonix is offline   Reply With Quote