View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 10:21 PM   #1673
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoz View Post
Disclaimer. This post is not to be critical of any mod as everyone likes to play the game differently. They are only my personal preferences.

I have always liked Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final in NYGM but never warmed up to the reticle for either scope. I just could never make it work for distance measurement. I also do not prefer AOB wheels attached to the scope. I mostly do type VII and type IX boats in the game.

For years I played using Hitman GUI and the older Hitman and like the idea that each scope had a proper 1.5x and 6x zoom setting on both scopes. The range marks worked nice too. Example: 50mils over an object that is 25 meters high at 6x means about a 2000 meter distance. The little guide in the original Hitman goes through this. Hitman GUI mostly uses charts for perceive length of the ship vs. distance but also has good zoom and reticle settings.

After years of using this, I like it.

This is still a work in progress but with Ahnenerbe I deleted the AOB wheel, took the reticle from Hitman GUI and enlarged it some and used that instead.
After some trial and error (including SilentEditor) I got the results I like.
I may at sometime use this hash I made and make the reticle sharp in a vector-based graphics program then convert it to TGA however, again it is good enough for now and I can press on with playing the game how I like.

Nice work. I'm a big fan of Hitman's work too.