Old 08-05-15, 12:36 PM   #1446
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Vacation

Enjoyed it very much. Thought it was very funny and i give it a 9/10

Apollo 13

Watched it last week as part of my space movie binge, acting was great and so was the execution of the plot. I liked it. Would watch it again. 8.7/10

Trainwreck

Went into it expecting a funny movie from Amy Schumer and Bill Hader...came out of it with something entirely different. Sure, some parts were funny but about halfway through it turned into a pretty serious movie. Hader didn't exactly play a role that I would expect him to but he did well. Only really need to see it once. 6/10

Europa Report

Also part of my space movie binge, very strange found-footage fictional documentary about a manned research flight to Jupiter's moon Europa. Plot was a little weak and characters didn't really develop. Some of them are pretty flat. Interesting watch though if you can get into it. Sort of cheesy and predictable ending. 6.7/10

A Most Violent Year

Excellent movie about crime in New York. An honest immigrant is trying to protect his oil company's trucks from robbery all the while under investigation from the government. The main characters are very well cast, but some of the other supporting characters could use some work. You don't really notice it much, however. I say watch it. 8.5/10

It Follows

This one surprised me. Anybody who knows anything about the plot might shrug it off because it's weird. Yes, it's weird. It's very weird....but it's actually very well put together and entertaining to watch. Nobody in the movie was really all that famous (that I recognized). The story moves along at a satisfying pace and almost leaves you wanting more at the end. Very surprising 7.9/10

Moon

Somewhat intriguing space movie that obviously takes inspiration from other space movies. As you watch it, it sucks you into it's fairly confusing plot. By the end, though, i was no longer confused. I feel like it tied up loose ends well and I would probably watch it again if given the chance. Interesting plot, pretty decent acting and a solid 6.9/10

Next on the list is Chappie and i'm halfway through 2001: A Space Odyssey.