View Single Post
Old 02-03-09, 02:33 PM   #13
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight
This goes WAY beyond what Orbiter is capable of. They modelled pretty much EVERY button, switch, readout, etc on that shuttle flight deck. It was YEARS in the making. Also, the aerodynamic model is FAR more accurate than the one in Orbiter. Scenery is also better and looks a lot more realistic than in orbiter (but that's a minor point).
As far as a true space shuttle simulation, Space Shuttle Mission is far beyond Orbiter in modelling the shuttle. I've flown both sims (Orbiter is still responsible for my blowing hours of my time . It's a great sim) and for the shuttle simulation, it just doesn't get more accurate than Space Shuttle Mission.

Try the demo. You won't be dissapointed (Just make sure to read the manual first.)
The Virgin Space Shuttle was also a first rate shuttle simulation (even with its primitive graphics). Every single button was modelled and usable. And the game was pretty damn hard. This new simulation is just a remake of the old one, with all its pitfalls. If all you want to do is button pushing then yes this simulation is for you, but piloting a shuttle (or the default shuttle), rendez-vous with the iss or the mir, build the iss module by module (even the space shuttle ultra) in orbiter is a much more satisfying experience.
Graphics in orbit are much better in orbiter, near earth I agree that the commercial simulation takes the lead.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote