View Single Post
Old 03-25-17, 09:42 AM   #182
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

As an honest full disclosure of my personal views and thus the narrative I present here. There are several parts to it.

First of all I believe that an entity is not guilty unless proven to as a fact (with due process and such). Thus in this way it is irrelevant as to if the crime was or was not commited, only if it was proven to have been commited.

Secondly I do understand the relevant established views on this broad topic and form my personal opinion on the materials I have seen (note the difference between opinions and facts).

In my personal view what is happening is projection, projection of capabilities and intent. As is it apparent from open western materials (such as the recent leaks) the US system is a proffesional, well organised, well controlled instrument.

This is projected onto Russian state affiliated actors (where Russian actors are indeed reponsible, as cyber attribution is more or less impossible), in that they are well organised and well controlled and thus a non authorised action is unlikely.

To me it appears that the contrary is closer to reality - that Russian actors exist in a quasi-feudal relationship with their individual benefactors in the relevant LE, which causes some embaracing conflicts (such as the recent arrest of the FSB officer who was running "Shaltai-Boltai" group, responsible for leaking Medvedev's emails). Thus even if an attack can be attributed to a specific actor, affiliated with the Russian state, it doesnt mean that Russian state as an institution, or the Russian NCA authorised or were even aware of such attacks.